IMPULSE THEATRE SOCIETY
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PLANS & POLICIES
Last updated: May 7th, 2021
The following guidelines were created based on information provided by the BC CDC, WorkSafe BC and other federal and provincial health agencies. Impulse Theatre will continue to monitor health guidelines and adjust our policies accordingly.
Our goal is to provide our staff, artists, and any public we engage with, the tools and information to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, while recognizing that we can’t guarantee that an individual won’t fall ill, and we all must take responsibility for our own health. We have implemented the following:
- We are working remotely as much as possible, and when we work or gather in-person it is outdoors or in venues with COVID-19 Safety Plans in place.
- Please stay home if any symptoms develop. Current symptoms include:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Temperature equal to or over 38 degrees Celsius
- Feeling feverish
- Fatigue or weakness
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of smell or taste
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Feeling very unwell
- We ask anyone experiencing symptoms to not work in-person, and notify Impulse if you had any in-person interactions with staff and contractors in the 14 days prior to developing systems.
- There will be a detailed safety plan made prior to any rehearsals or events involving the public, following current provincial guidelines and mass gathering restrictions. We will communicate the plan in advance to all artists and the audience, to ensure everyone feels safe before participating.
- We encourage all staff, artists and those who work with us this season to express any personal needs around COVID, recognizing that we all have different situations and levels of comfort. You can contact Artistic Producer Andrew Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns or questions around our COVID policy can be brought forward to email@example.com, and will be treated with confidence as a discussion takes place.
When gathering in-person, we ask everyone to:
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres.
- If 2 metres distance can’t be maintained outside, masks must be worn.
- Masks are currently required for any indoor gatherings.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure, and at regular (once per hour) intervals. Impulse Theatre will provide hand sanitizer at all gatherings.
- Follow any posted signage for cleaning (bathrooms, kitchens, all communal spaces, doors, light switches) at rental facilities.
- Avoid sharing tools whenever possible (including pens, pencils, etc).
- Report any health concerns or potential COVID exposure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you develop symptoms while gathering with Impulse Theatre, notify the Artistic Producer and leave immediately. Cleaning procedures will be followed.
- Work outside as much as possible.
- If you have been outside BC in the last 14 days, please speak with Impulse before coming to an in person gathering.
Further resources include:
- This is a condensed version of our COVID-19 safety plan. The full version can be found HERE
- The most up to date COVID-19 information from the federal government can be found HERE
- Health questions can be directed to 811, and information on COVID testing sites in BC can be found HERE
Impulse Theatre can be contacted at email@example.com