How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com
Visual Arts Curator Application Extended Deadline: August 26th, 2019
Festival Coordinator Application Deadline: August 20th, 2019
Interviews will be conducted August 27th to 30th, 2019
Although we are grateful to all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply to work for impulse’s 2019 pEek fest
Impulse Theatre’s Peek Fest is an annual festival devoted to the development of local emerging artists, arts workers, and interdisciplinary performance. The Festival offers a Performance Series, a Professional Development Series, a Residency Program, and a Visual Arts Gallery.
Impulse Theatre is currently hiring for two positions:
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 26TH
Impulse Theatre - Visual Arts Curator:
The Visual Arts Curator is responsible for working in collaboration with the Artistic Producer to ensure the successful implementation of the visual arts component of Peek Fest 2019.
● Seek applications of projects/pieces/series’ from local emerging visual artists
● Select appropriate candidates (3-4) for curation at Peek-Fest 2019, subject to approval
from the Artistic Producer
● Create an immersive Visual Arts experience for Peek-Fest Patrons through the creation
of a gallery space for patrons to experience prior to performance showings
● Coordinate with the Festival Coordinator and Artistic Producer to ensure a cohesive flow from visual arts components to performance components at the Peek Fest Presentation
● 1 year of curatorial experience
● Strong knowledge of and connections within the visual arts community
● The successful candidate will be a self motivated, organized individual with strong
written, verbal, and visual communication skills, who works well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
Candidate must be available from mid-September to November 11th. The successful candidate will be required to attend at least 3 meetings with the Artistic Producer and Festival Coordinator within this time frame. Candidates must have evening availability November 4th, 5th, 8th, and 9th and full availability on November 10th and 11th.
Payment will consist of a $750.00 flat fee. The Curator will have full access to all workshops and receive a complimentary ticket for the Peek Show and for the Showcase.
DEADLINE AUGUST 20TH
Impulse Theatre - Festival Coordinator
The Festival Coordinator is responsible for working in collaboration with the Artistic Producer to support the execution of Peek Fest 2019.
● Continuing the Outreach of the Peek Fest Access Program and the Workshop Series
● Plan and implement a Marketing campaign in collaboration with the Artistic Producer
● Managing Social Media for the festival including a concise campaign timeline
● Managing the Festival Individual Donor Campaign
● Acting as a liaison for Residency Artists, Visual Arts Curator, and Workshop Leaders
● Acting as a keyholder during Peek Fest
● Coordinating with the Artistic Producer for reception
● Front of House, Box Office, Concession Services, Patron Services, and Volunteer
● Delivery of Brochures to downtown core and theatre companies
● Support administrative needs post-festival.
● 1-2 years of producing / festival experience
● A successful candidate will be a self motivated, organized individual with strong written
and verbal communication skills, who works well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
This position will predominantly work remotely an average of 10 hours / week from Mid September to November 3rd with Friday daytime availability for meetings with Artistic Producer. Candidates must have full availability November 4th - 16th.
Payment will consist of a $2000.00 flat fee. The Coordinator will have full access to all workshops and receive a complimentary ticket for the Peek Show and for the Showcase.